Membership in A.P.P.L.E.
Apple Pugetsound Program Library Exchange (A.P.P.L.E.) was one of the first official Apple User Groups in the United States. Founded in February, 1978 by Val J. Golding, A.P.P.L.E. grew quickly and grew to almost 50,000 members by 1985. Since many of our members have been Apple users since the first machines were produced, we have one of the most knowledgeable groups in the world.
The base level membership is only $27.95 per year and is always due on the month you pay. If you choose one of the higher levels of membership service, the service provided is the same, however, you get the satisfaction of knowing that your membership is helping to bring more software and other resources online. To join, please click the SUBSCRIBE button on the right side of this page. If you’re already a member – thank you – please click the LOGIN button above and enjoy the extra menu contents.
A.P.P.L.E. is an all volunteer user group which supporting users of all Apple computers, both vintage systems as well as modern platforms. Through the “Users Helping Users” concept, our group provides a great resource for information, hardware, software, and documentation for Apple computers. Our staff and our directors are all volunteers and Apple computer users themselves.
• Call-A.P.P.L.E. Magazine in PDF format: usually around 50 pages, full color, with lots of photos, technical articles, reviews, and interviews with legends of the industry.
• Access to the A.P.P.L.E. Members-only menu items.
• Apple User Group Discounts – Receive discounts on purchases of software, hardware, magazines, and other Apple related items with the exclusive official Users Group discounts provided by many manufacturers of Apple related items.
• A.P.P.L.E. Software Library – A user generated software library which is made available to all members at little or no cost. We also make new software available to our members for beta testing and for review when available.
• We hold occasional raffles for full licenses of software available only to our members.
• Access to A.P.P.L.E. legacy archives of Call-A.P.P.L.E. magazine, Mac-A.P.P.L.E. & Mac Horizons magazine, /// Cheers, Co-Op Spirit, and all other magazines produced by A.P.P.L.E.
• Access to a number of the legacy A.P.P.L.E.-produced Books and Floppy anthologies.
• Access to the A.P.P.L.E. Chat Room and Private Messaging System.
• Apple Inc. Information – There are many pieces of news available only to official Apple User Groups that come from Apple Computer Inc directly on a periodic basis.
• And many more items coming to the A.P.P.L.E. website as we receive them.