ThinkGeek now has a new item in their store which will fit right into those hands of the retro gamers. The new 8-Bitty is a wireless hand controller which has Nintendo Entertainment System style D-Pad controls and multiple buttons for those games requiring more than the usual A or B button. The item was announced yesterday and is already out of stock with no ETA on new stock being delivered.
Some of the fesatures of the 8-Bitty include:
- Classic retro-styled game controller fits in your pocket and works with iPhone & iPad
- 8 button control including 4 face buttons, select, start, and two shoulder buttons… plus the D-Pad for movement
- Wireless connection with auto power save mode
- Mini version of larger size iCade cabinet invented and designed by ThinkGeek
- Fully compatible with all iCade games
- Completely open development platform. App developers can add support for iCade with no permission needed from Apple or ThinkGeek. (See links for code examples below).
- “Atari Greatest Hits” iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with Missile Command for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Android support for most tablets and smartphones.
- NOTE: Atari Greatest Hits only runs on iPad, not on iPhone or iPod touch.
- Requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
The price is $24.99 making it a good option for those folks who like the iCade but don’t like the idea of having the iPad inside of a box in order to play the games. You can find out more about the 8-Bitty at the ThinkGeek website at: