iOS 8 Adoption Rate at 68%

ios8

According to data released on the App Store Distribution page of the Apple Developer Support site, adoption of Apple’s latest version of their iOS 8 is now at a 68% of all iOS devices.  The site also says that 96% of the devices are using at least iOS 7 leaving just a miniscule 4% of devices using older iOS’s. It does not go into detail as to the device breakdown so it can only be assumed that the 96% is at least an iPhone 5.

ios8_Adoption

This news plays well for developers who are now looking at the potentiality of using the WatchKit SDK included in the latest beta of XCode.  XCode Version 6.2 Beta 3 which was distributed to developers in December allows programmers to begin preparing the Watch apps, which in turn should help even further adoption of the iOS 8 platform in the coming months.

For more information, check out the App Store Distribution page at:
https://developer.apple.com/support/appstore/

Please follow and like us:

About the Author

billm

A.P.P.L.E. Chairman of the Board and Club president — Bill worked for the founder, Val J. Golding and A.P.P.L.E. from 1981 to 1982. In 1999, he began archiving the materials which were distributed and sold by A.P.P.L.E.. That project led to the group that remained of A.P.P.L.E. Bill was involved in the financial industry in Tokyo and has over 20 major office infrastructure projects to his name. In March 2001, he retired to write books and to spend more time pursuing personal interests. As the president of the users group, Bill is in charge of distribution of Call-A.P.P.L.E. magazine as well as the organization of this web site. Bill currently resides in Tokyo, Japan and Shelton, Wa splitting time between the places.