David Schmenk has released the latest developers preview of his PLASMA programming environment. The third version of the 1.0 developers preview includes a few changes and fixes.
PLASMA is a modern high level programming language for the Apple II, which has been in development for the past 12 years. Along with David Schmenk, a host of other participants over the years have had a hand in making PLASMA what it is including the following:
- Martin Haye: PLASMA programmer extraordinaire. Mr. Lawless Legends has requested many of the crucial features that set PLASMA apart.
- Steve F (ZornsLemma): Has taken the optimizer to new levels and his work on porting PLASMA to the Beeb are amazing: http://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12306&sid=5a503c593f0698ebc31e590ac61b09fc
- Peter Ferrie: Assembly optimizer extraordinaire. He has made significant improvements into the code footprint in PLASMA so all the functionality can exist in just a few bytes.
- David Schmidt (DaveX): His help in documentation have made it much more accessible and professional. Of course any errors are all his. Just kidding, they’re mine 😉
- Andy Werner (6502.org): Catching the grammatical errors that I ain’t no good at.
- John Brooks: Apple II Guru par excellence. His insights got 10% performance increase out of the VM.
For more information or to download the third version of the PLASMA 1.0 Developers Preview, go to the PLASMA Github at: