X-Plane 10 for the iPad has been released. The latest version of the ultra-realistic flight simulation package for the iPad has a number of features which put it on a par with the desktop version of X-Plane. These features include:
- 5 scenery regions
- A brand new combat system
- Multiplayer over the Internet
- Access to the brand new challenges & tutorials
- The Cessna 172 aircraft model.
An additional 9 aircraft (including the Airbus A320, A-10 Warthog, and F-22 Raptor) are available as in-app purchases. These purchases are available for between $0.99 and $4.99 per aircraft and come complete with tutorials and challenges for each aircraft.
An Update to 10.0.1 is available which includes a number of fixes to the app including:
- Sharing on Facebook now correctly unlocks the aircraft for a 24hr test drive
- Fixed crash when launching from Game Center
- Fixed crash when starting app while on the phone, or receiving a phone call while using the app.
- Added new explosion effects to aircraft when you crash or get shot down.
The X-Plane App itself is available as a free download from the Apple iTunes Store at:
For more information about the Mobile version of X-Plane 10, check out the X-Plane Mobile version website at: