The Virtual II Apple II Emulator has been updated. Gerard Putter, author of the Mac based emulator informed A.P.P.L.E. that version 10.2 of Virtual II was finally stable enough for him to release.
Included in this release are:
- Inspector watchpoints can now be defined for a specific memory bank, improving their use for debugging.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for the main Inspector functions break, resume and single step.
- It is now possible to see the full path of a mounted disk, instead of just the disk name. Select this option in the Advanced section of the Preferences.
- Added a menu entry as well as an Applescript command to trigger an NMI (non-maskable interrupt).
- In the “Media” menu added an entry to flush every loaded diskette to its corresponding disk image file.
- An uninitialized .woz diskette is now saved as a disk image with zero tracks. In previous versions it used to be discarded.
- Double-clicking a .po hard disk image in the Finder resulted in an error message. This has been fixed — the disk is now mounted if a drive is available.
- Corrected an issue that could inadvertently silence the disk drive sound effects.
- The appliation saved some .woz disk images with an incorrect format. As a result, the application crashed when mounting these images again or when opening a virtual machine snapshot containing these disk images.
Some technical background: this occurred with disk images containing a WRIT or COMP chunk, which Virtual ][ doesn’t use and should have ignored. The issue has been solved, but unfortunately the bug has effectively removed these chunks from affected disk images.
- In macOS Catalina and Big Sur the Finder mistakenly showed disk image thumbnails with a dog-ear. This has been solved.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the application when a virtual machine was closed while sound effects were playing.
- Fixed a potential crash when entering an invalid license code.
- Fixed some minor layout issues.
Virtual II is a Shareware Application for Mac OS X and is available for trial from the Virtual II website. You can also download the latest version of the App at: https://www.virtualii.com