Gerard Putter has released a new version of the Virtual II Emulator. The latest version, 7.6 is specifically updated to run on Mac OS X 10.11 and newer.
Version 7.6 includes the following fixes and updates:
- This upgrade requires OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or better.
- Rewrote the full-screen feature; it now works for individual windows, using the familiar green button in the window title.
- The main window can now be resized freely, and is not limited anymore to the small / medium / large sizes.
- Fixed an issue that caused the application to incidentally ignore ROM files in the application folder.
- Closing a virtual machine while the Inspector window is open no longer results in a crash.
- Improved the screen refresh performance; this fixes an issue where the Apple II screen sometimes briefly showed gray areas.
Virtual II allows Apple II emulation on Mac OS X and comes complete with a full spectrum of capabilities. This includes print to PDF, loading of large disk images and emulation of many Apple II peripherals.
To download Virtual II, check out their website at: