The latest alpha release of the Apple II Desktop graphical user interface is now available for download. Apple II Desktop version 1.3 alpha release 5 includes the following changes:
- Visually center window title bar text. (#744)
- Support for launching AppleWorks files.
- AppleWorks 5.1 must be on same volume as DeskTop, in AW5/ directory.
- Make OA+SA+O and OA+SA+W shortcuts work when Caps Lock is off.
- Improve layout of window header counts/labels. (#493)
- Shortcuts > Edit/Delete/Run a Shortcut: OK button is now disabled if there is no selection.
- Format/Erase: OK button is now disabled if there is no selection.
- Format/Erase: Show format location when prompting for new volume name.
- The OK button is now disabled in name input dialogs (New Folder, Rename, Duplicate, Format, Erase) if the name is empty.
- Show watch cursor during Copy/Move/Delete/Lock/Unlock operations.
- Improve performance of Copy/Move, Delete, and Lock/Unlock commands.
- Special > Lock and Special > Unlock now work on folders.
- Allow continuing a copy of nested files if one file is too large to fit.
- Ensure correct paths are visible when displaying alerts during operations.
- File > Get Info now shows total size/file count for folders/volumes.
- Special > Get Size command is now redundant with File > Get Info, so was removed.
- Fix “Files remaining” count for volume after failed shortcut / copy to RAMCard.
- Improve performance of moving files on the same volume by relinking rather than copying/deleting. (#350)
- Default window view style to parent window’s view style.
- OK button is now disabled if there is no selection.
- Improve mouse responsiveness during I/O operations.
- Update block count display continuously during copy.
- Apple+W can be used to close windowed accessories.
- Sci Calc: Don’t repaint on title bar click. (#746)
- Puzzle: Don’t repaint on title bar click. (#746)
- Image Preview: Fix HR image display glitches on palette bit transitions
- IntBASIC.system updates:
- Set PREFIX if it’s blank
- Add – (dash) command for INT/BIN/SYS files
- Fix memory errors following… errors
- Add STORE and RESTORE commands for IVR files
- Patch IntBASIC’s GR command to hit LORES
You can download the latest releases of the Apple II Desktop in one of eight languages from the A2D Github page at:
Please follow and like us: