Civilization V Campaign Edition, one of Aspyr‘s most popular new games for the Macintosh is now having issues updating in the Mac App Store. At this point, the issues have so far only affected those users running the Mac OS X Lion operating system.
Aspyr Technical Support released a work around for the issue:
We have a POTENTIAL workaround for getting the latest Civilization V patch from the App Store.
While this workaround works for most users, we have seen that some users are not able to reinstall the game after following the steps. Apple knows about this problem and has told us they are trying to fix it
· You will need to delete the Civilization V Campaign Edition Application from your
· Empty the trash bin located on the dock.
· You will NOT need to delete anything else, this includes the Civilization V
Campaign Edition folder within Application Support or the
· Launch the App Store and select the purchases tab.
· Click on the install button located to the right of the Civilization V Campaign
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Apple is aware of the issue and is working to resolve the problem.
Some users are reporting that this work around still does not work, with the file downloading but not appearing in the folder.
For more on the issue, check out the posting by Aspyr at:
The Civilization V Campaign edition webpage is at:
Please follow and like us: