The VidHD Apple II video card has new 1.15 firmware with many improvements and fixes. And, a new version 1.1 manual now details the firmware update procedure.
Firmware 1.15 Changes:
- Fixed sync on 1440p, 1600p, and 2160p displays as long as they also support 1920×1080 or 1920×1200. Displays smaller than 1920 horizontal resolution will not work with firmware 1.15.
- OS fixes: Linux 4.20.8 and uBoot 2019.01 loader.
- MouseText: fixes incorrect inverse-checkmark font.
- Fixed a bug which caused Ctrl-Reset on PAL machines to incorrectly switch VidHD to 60 Hz mode.
- VidHD PASCAL extended text firmware:
a. CR now stays on the same line (does not include LF)
b. Ctrl-_ now correctly moves up one line (also fixed in BASIC)
- Improved BASIC text firmware:
a. ESC A,B,C,D are now supported.
b. Fixed a bug where the VidHD mistakenly thought HOME was called and incorrectly cleared the screen.
c. Turning off 80-column hardware at $C00C now exits VidHD text firmware.
d. PR#3 now does POKE 33,40 to prevent HOME from corrupting BASIC at $8xx.
e. Fixed a few bugs turning MouseText on and off via control characters.
Visit https://www.callapple.org/vidhd and download the updated firmware and manual. For future reference, the VidHD page can be found on our “Extras” menu.