The 75 page 40th Anniversary issue of Call-A.P.P.L.E. magazine has been released for A.P.P.L.E. members. We’re celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Apple Pugetsound Program Library Exchange (A.P.P.L.E.) User Group, founded February 21, 1978 along with the first issue of Call-A.P.P.L.E. in February 1978.
This issue includes a variety of articles covering the history of A.P.P.L.E., the founding of The Apple Programmers and Developers Association (APDA) by A.P.P.L.E., full coverage of VCF Pacific Northwest, as well as detailed programming articles and retro Apple and Macintosh related items. Some of the authors featured in this issue, include Don Williams (founder of APDA), Bob Clardy (Founder of Synergistic Software), Dr. Marc Golombeck (Creator of the 3D Demo for the Apple II), and Fabrizio Caruso (Creator of Cross Chase). The issue also features Evan Koblentz (Director of VCF) and photos of VCF Pacific Northwest by Kevin Savetz (owner of Savetz Publishing, Atari Historian, Podcaster).
To read the current issue, members can login. The current issue is under the Magazines section and 2018. For those who are not yet A.P.P.L.E. members, you can join and get access to the full issue and all back issues of Call-A.P.P.L.E. magazine by selecting the service level and clicking on the subscribe button to the right. Read more about membership.
- 40 Years: From the Basement to the Tower
- My Take on A.P.P.L.E. History (by Val J. Golding)
- A.P.P.L.E. History Across 40 Years
- 40 Years On – My Memories of Val (by Bob Clardy)
- The Founding of APDA – The Apple Programmers and Developers Association: How A.P.P.L.E. Created an Institution (by Don Williams)
- The CRPG Book Project: Role-Playing Game History 1975-2015
- Roger Wagner to Keynote KansasFest 2018
- Cross Chase: A Massively 8-Bit Multi-System Game (by Fabrizio Caruso)
- 6502 Assembler Tricks: Self-modifying code based on the 3D Demo (by Dr. Marc A. Golombeck)
- PLASMA 1.0 Programming Language Released (by David Schmenk)
- Blankenship BASIC: The Return of the Programmer
- Happy Birthday Steve Jobs!
- VCF Pacific Northwest 2018 (by Evan Koblentz)
- VCF Pacific Northwest in Photos (by Kevin Savetz)
- VCF Southeast gets its First Vendor (David Greelish)
- Freshly Squeezed Reviews: HomePod Brings Me Accessibility