The Applewin Apple II Emulator has been updated. Applewin is a windows based Apple II emulator and many of the fixes in this latest version 1.29.14 are related to issues with Windows 10 and networking.
Tom Charlesworth and his team, winners of the 2020 Apple II Forever Award, have announced more than a dozen fixes in their latest release of Applewin.
- [Change #822] Updated Uthernet card support to use Npcap for Win10.
- [Change #806] Added support for ‘Base 64A’ – a Taiwanese Apple II clone.
- [Change #763] Support for PAL(50Hz) killing color-burst during TEXT video mode.
- When 50Hz, then AppleWin’s window title changes to “Color (PAL Monitor)” instead of “Color (NTSC Monitor)”
- [Change #781] Loading a large save-state takes some time – added a busy indicator.
- [Change #139] NIB disk image: added warning if any track’s first D5-nibble triple isn’t an address prologue.
- [Bug #824] Fixed a regression in multi-zip support (introduced at 126.96.36.199).
- [Bug #820] Fixed a GDI Object leak (occurring when accessing the Disk II with AppleWin minimised).
- [Bug #813] Mockingboard playback looping after entering debugger then configuration.
- [Bug #809] Fixed a memory leak.
- [Bug #801] Wrong timing with LSR abs,X / ROR abs,X / ROL abs,X for the 6502 CPU.
- [Bug #796] Fix for ‘IRQ occurring on last cycle of opcode’ not always true.
- [Bug #751] No-Slot Clock running and power-cycle can causes lock-up on power-cycle.
- NSC state persisted to save-state.
- added a new switch ‘-no-nsc’ to configure Apple II without an NSC.
- [Bug #663, #691] Fixes for image loading switches (-d1,-d2,-h1,-h2,-s5d1,-s5d2):
- [Bug #52] Fixed the 6502/65C02 false-read of 6522 issue for Willy Byte!
- [PR #800] Improved debugger’s rendering speed for PrintGlyph().
The latest version of the Applewin emulator is available from their Github page along with the source code for the emulator at: