Gerard Putter has informed A.P.P.L.E. that our request for Apple IIc support within the Virtual II emulator has been fulfilled. The latest release of the Virtual II Emulator, version 11.0, includes a ton of new features and fixes including:
- Added emulation of the Apple //c.
- Simplified the installation by including, in the Help description, download links for the proper ROM files.
- When creating a blank diskette image, you now have the option to initialize it right away as a DOS 3.3 diskette. This can be convenient if, for example, a game asks for a newly formatted disk.
- Movie recording can now be stopped with a keyboard shortcut.
- The Super Serial Card’s RS232 interface was always visible in the devices area. It now hidden, unless the card is linked to a serial Mac device or Unix pipe.
- Sometimes the emulated mouse would jump to an unexpected location until the main window was moved. This has been fixed.
- Corrected several minor issues.
The Apple IIc emulation within Virtual II will require a valid IIc ROM and can be installed in a similar manner to the other Apple II series ROMs.
You can download the latest release of the Virtual II Emulator from: