The Virtual II Apple II Emulator for MacOS has been updated. Virtual II Version 10.6 includes a slew of user requested additions to the emulator including the following items:
- Improved the unshrink feature. The extracted files are assigned the metadata stored in the archive: ProDOS file type, aux type, file creation date, as well as file modification date.
- Support for disk images with 13 tracks per sector (file extension .d13). Note that these disk images can be mounted, but any changes are lost when the disk is ejected.
- Fixed a potential crash when working with gzipped disk images.
Virtual II is a full featured shareware Apple II emulator created by Gerard Putter and is available for $44.00 for the full unlimited license or for 19.00 for the limited one. Some of the features of Virtual II include:
- The program emulates the Apple ][, ][+ and //e
- Supports USB or Bluetooth game pad / joystick, so you can play the old games. When you need a break, or are a critical junction, just save a snapshot of the virtual machine. You can continue from that point later on.
- Fully supports popular disk image formats, such as dsk, 2mg, and woz.
- Printer emulation of the Epson FX-80 and Imagewriter II; the printed output is saved as pdf
- Full-screen mode
- Nostalgic sound effects
- Automatically indexes your disk images, allowing you to search for Apple II files using Spotlight
- Run the emulation at different speeds
- You can onfigure your own virtual machine using emulated peripheral cards and devices, such as a mouse, hard disk, serial port, Mockingboard sound card, Z80 card for running CP/M, and even cassette tape
- Debug Apple II programs
- If you have original diskettes and a working Apple II, Virtual ][ can help you convert the diskettes to the Mac via a serial interface cable.
The Virtual II emulator requires users to have MacOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) as a minimum. Older versions are also available for download from the Virtual II Website. For users who have previously purchased Virtual II, the update is available from: https://www.virtualii.com
Please follow and like us: