Virtual KFesters:We are now accepting session proposals for Virtual KansasFest 2020. Please submit your session at:http://www.kansasfest.org/sessions/The plan is to offer two days of sessions, with 15 or 30 minute time slots. Preference will be given to live talks, but you may also submit a pre-recorded talk that can be played in the session’s scheduled time slot, or (if you need a longer time) to be made available separately to participants.A few logistics:
- – Session proposals will be accepted until May 31.
- – After May 31, the KFest committee will review all proposals and select a good number to fill out the schedule.
- – We will then e-mail to let you know if your session is accepted.
- – We will provide suggestions for how to present a remote talk, such as “Use a headset mic!”
- – We also plan to offer practice connections in advance.
Past sessions have included hardware, software and game demonstrations, and tutorials; integration of the Apple II with other devices; emulators; programming; Apple II history; or any subject that would be of interest to Apple II users. We also love other retro computers, especially if you incorporate into your session how it compares and contrasts with the Apple II.
If you’ve never done a session, check out a sample of past year’s contributions at http://www.kansasfest.org/downloads/.
Do you have a topic you would like to see presented, even if you aren’t the one to do it? Email us your idea at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to the list and maybe someone will be inspired to step up.