Little Snitch, the app which shows users outgoing network connections, has been updated. Version 4.5.1 of Little Snitch includes the following fixes and changes:
Improvements in the Connection Alert
- Fixed an issue causing the Research Assistant to be shown without any visible content.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Accept Modifications” button not to work.
- Improved keyboard control of the connection alert window.
- Rules for connections that are established via a helper tool (“Some.app via Helper Tool”) are now created for the parent application. This prevents these rules to stop working when the the helper tool changes its path in the course of an update of the parent application. The only exception to this are Terminal programs, for which the previous behavior of creating rules tied to a particular command line tool remains.
Other Bug Fixes
- Fixed a rare issue where the kernel extension was loaded but couldn’t be initialized.
Little Snitch will run on Mac OS X 10.11 or newer and you can download a free trial of the App from the Object Development website at: https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html