Egan Ford has updated his new Apple ][ Disk Server once again. The Apple ][ Disks Server allows the user to connect their audio port to the Apple ][‘s cassette i/o port and load complete disk images to the floppy drive. This process now takes less than three minutes according to a note from Egan.
Improvements between version 3 and version 6 include:
- Added friendly ‘BEEP’, “[RETURN] to reboot”.
- Extra second of padding for slower drives.
- New 8KFI option that uses more reliable 8000 bps code. Try HIFI first, if that does not work use 8KFI. 8kFI works with emulators too.
- All audio files volume decreased from 100% to 75%.
- In-line help.
- New INSTA-DISK with less padding.
- FORMAT and NO-FORMAT options. NO-FORMAT assumes preformatted diskette.
- All audio files volume increased from 75% to 100%. I cannot go any higher.
To use the Apple ][ Disk Server, go to the Disk Server website at: