John Morris has announced the immediate availability of the latest version of the Applesauce Floppy Disk Controller client software. Applesauce FDC client version 1.05 will add a myriad of fixes and enhancements including:
- New disk visualization system.
- Better performance and the output file sizes are 30% of what they used to be.
- PNG files now also contain metadata.
- Fast Imager has undergone a significant upgrade.
- It will now allow for light copy protections, like volume number changes and E7 bitstream, to be imaged (WOZ only).
- Honors custom sector interleaves (WOZ only).
- Fixed issue with not always preserving the volume number on the disk in WOZ output.
- Fast Imager can now output .DO and .PO files with automatic detection of ProDOS disks.
- Disk Writer has been updated to also write .DO and .PO files.
- The underlying engine has also been improved to be able to write copy protected disks.
- Writing WOZ files is coming soon.
- There is a new Visualize Disk option under the Tools menu.
- Drive Speed test wasn’t working properly when used with a drive with no sync sensor.
- Closing the Disk Editor window while analysis was taking place wasn’t properly terminating worker threads.
- Added a Bulk Processor for rendering new PNGs for all of your .A2R files.
- Fixed UI issue in disk controller window when hiding and showing app.
- Several more small fixes and crashes cleaned up.
Some users reported issues with the Firmware update process so John has completely rewritten the updater software. Version 1.02 of the Applesauce FDC Firmware is also included.
These changes add enhanced performance for a number of functions.
If you are running Applesauce FDC Client, you should see the update available window upon startup of the Application. For more information, check out the Applesauce FDC website at: