Tom Charlesworth has released a new version of the Applewin Apple II Emulator for Windows. Applewin Version 1.30.5 includes a host of new features and bug fixes including:
- [Change #972] Add SNES MAX card (in slots 3, 4 or 5) to support up to 2 SNES (or 12-button) controllers.
- [Change #946] Add 4Play card (in slots 3, 4 or 5) to support up to 4 Atari controllers.
- [Change #420] Uthernet card’s state persisted to save-state.
- NB. it’s best to get your DHCP server to assign a static IP for the card’s MAC address.
- Change: SAM card’s state persisted to save-state.
- [Bug #980] Fix ‘Authentic Disk Speed’ regression (at 22.214.171.124).
- [Bug #981] Fix command line -d2 (and -h2) which weren’t reporting an error if image couldn’t be opened.
- [Bug #981] Support command line if there are multiple spaces between args.
- [PR #983] Improve save-state card management
- Use Registry “Configuration\Slot n’ locations to save each card’s type & config.
- eg. “Last Harddisk Image 1” has moved from “Preferences” to “Configuration\Slot 7”.
- AppleWin’s Debugger help: document how to allow CTRL+SHIFT+0 to work (to set bookmark-0).
Applewin Apple II Emulator is a full featured well developed emulator for the Microsoft Windows platform and supports Windows 7 through Windows 11. Support for the older Windows 2000 and 98/ME is provided with older version on the website.
Applewin Version 1.30.5 also includes support for a variety of Apple II related platforms, video modes and peripherals. Some of these include:
- Mockingboard, Phasor and SAM sound cards
- Disk II interface for floppy disk drives
- Hard disk controller
- Super Serial Card (SSC)
- Parallel printer card
- Mouse interface
- Apple IIe Extended 80-Column Text Card and RamWorks III (8MB)
- RGB cards: Apple’s Extended 80-Column Text/AppleColor Adaptor Card, ‘Le Chat Mauve’ Féline and Eve.
- CP/M SoftCard
- Uthernet I (ethernet card)
- Language Card and Saturn 64/128K for Apple II/II+
- No Slot Clock (NSC)
You can download the latest version of the Applewin Apple II Emulator and the source code from the Applewin Github at: