The latest release of the Applewin emulator is now available. Version 184.108.40.206 of Applewin includes a host of updates including:
- [Change #522] SSC: Support ACIA’s TX Empty interrupt for both COM and TCP modes.
- [Change #311] SSC: Support ACIA’s CTS/RTS.
- [Bug #308] Fixed TCP mode which was only generating an IRQ for first byte received.
- SSC: Fixed reading DIPSW registers.
- SSC: Support ACIA’s Program Reset (write to register 9).
- SSC: Improved logging for unsupported modes (Echo, Tx break signal).
Changes in the previous release, 220.127.116.11 include the following fixes
- [Change #547] Improve UI and logging when PrintScreen key fails to register.
- [Change #546] Changing Config’s ‘Disk access speed’ now doesn’t trigger a restart.
- [Change #540] Config’s Benchmark now reports “Pure CPU MHz” for both video update (as before) & full-speed (new).
- [Change #535] Help doc: added a description of Caps Lock behaviour.
- [Change #398] Added new command line switches:
-h1 : Start with hard disk 1 plugged-in (and auto power-on the Apple II). NB. Hard disk controller card gets enabled.
-h2 : Start with hard disk 2 plugged-in. NB. Hard disk controller card gets enabled.
-s7 empty : Remove the hard disk controller card from slot 7.
- [Bug #543] Swapping disks now doesn’t swap drive’s motor/spinning state.
- [Bug #537] Fix for failing DOS 3.2 INIT.
The Applewin emulator is the premier Apple II emulator for Windows based systems and is 100% free. The source code for the emulator is also available on the Github for Applewin.
You can download the latest version from the Applewin releases page at: