Kelvin Sherlock has released the fifth release of his itty-bitty-vtty vt-100 emulator for the Apple IIgs. The program emulates the vt100 with a modem port running at 9600 baud and 8N1 which are the same as the MAME emulator defaults.
Changes in Release 5
- fix issues identified by vttest. aside from things that can’t be supported, it’s pretty good now.
- control-space generates a control code (0x00)
- command-Q to quit
- command-L to toggle local/online mode
- control panel only available in ROM 3 now (since ROM1 lacks the _RemoveCDA tool call)
- Control panel shows more parameters (including outbound data)
- backspace now send 0x7f rather than 0x08. 0x08 can still be achieved via control-H or option-delete or the extended keyboard delete key (VT100 keyboard have a backspace and a delete key. most of the time they’re equivalent but emacs treats control-h as the help key)
- option-return sends line feed (0x0a).
- command 1-4 sends PF1-PF4 (clear, =, /, * on the keypad)
- auto-repeat (DECARM) support.
The documentation for itty-bitty-vtty are available from the vt100.net vt100 User Guide website at:
The latest version of itty-bitty-vtty program disk for the Apple IIgs and the source code for the program are available for free download from the itty-bitty-vtty Github page at: