Apple Inc, has released the long awaited Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update. The seventh developers seed was released last week with 11D50. That particular seed was figured to be fairly close to release of the product and today, Apple fulfilled that assumption with the release of the formal update.
This update , while addressing a number of Microsoft related items including Windows file sharing and MS Word printing issues, the update also focuses on the networking aspects of the operating system. It also adds a number of new supported languages as well as adding support for RAW image support.
This update is a 730mb download and will take a few minutes depending on the speed of your connection. On our 100mb connection, it took about 2.5 minutes.
Also included in the Mac OS X 10.7.3 update is the latest version of Safari, version 5.1.3. Other fixes included in Mac OS X 10.7.3 include:
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
- Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras
Items fixed in the Directory Services:
- Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in “.local”
- Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
- Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
- Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the “apple-user-homeDirectory” and “apple-user-homeurl” attributes
- Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
- Allow NIS users with MD5-hashed passwords to log in
Once you have downloaded the update and installed it, you should see the following when you select the About item of the Apple menu. The entire installation takes about 10 minutes and thus far has been fairly painless.
For more information about this update check out this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5048
To download the update, go to the Software Update item in the Apple menu on your Mac OS X based system.