The Applesauce Floppy Disk Controller Client Software has been updated. John Morris has added a number of new items to the latest release, version 1.58, including the following:
Fast Imager Improvements
- The save file name has now been separated into 2 parts. The first is the product name as before, and the second part can optionally be used for a disk number or other identification. What benefit does this have? Well, if you choose to create enclosing folders then the folder is named the same thing as the product name (without the disk number). This means that if you are imaging a product that uses a set of disks, then you can just change the disk name for each and it will save all of the disks into the same product folder. Previously it would make a new folder for each disk you saved.
- The Show Catalog feature now highlights files with errors by showing the file entry in red.
- If you stop the imaging while in progress, there is now a Resume button that will allow you to continue the imaging instead of needing to use the slower Retry Bad data recovery.
- The imaging status text now includes the volume name after imaging has completed.
Improvements and Fixes
- The Flux Stream Editor in the disk analyzer has some fixes where it wasn’t always showing correct nibble values for encodings whose nibbles don’t always start on a flux transition (like MFM, and GCR for Commodore and Victor 9000).
- Ability to load Victor 9000 disks (single and double sided) contained in IMG files.
- Improvements to the Compare/Repair function. It is much better at repairing/replacing highly damaged tracks.
- Flux Imager will no longer overwrite the disk/side name if autofill is enabled but you have manually entered a name.
- Apple II copy protections that used changed sector markers will now generate logs showing the changed markers.
- Allow EDD files to be exported as WOZ.
- Stream recognizer was overwriting neighboring quarter tracks when manually adding tracks to an image.
- Head cleaning function in 5.25 flux imager was not working properly. Fixed.
You can download the latest version of the software by doing the automatic update through the client software or by downloading the updated version from the Applesauce FDC Software page at: