Tom Charlesworth has released a new experimental version of the Applewin Apple II Emulator. Applewin Version 18.104.22.168 is available on the Applewin website and includes the following changes:
- [Bug #504] Full-screen: hide mouse pointer after 2 seconds of inactivity (and show again if mouse is moved)
- [Bug #469] New -no-printscreen-key switch to prevent the PrintScreen key from being registered.
- [Bug #488] New -fs-height=<best|nnnn> switch to select a better resolution for full-screen mode.
- best: picks the highest resolution where the height is an integer multiple of (192*2)
- nnnn: select a specific resolution with height=nnnn pixels
NB. This switch changes the display resolution (and restores it on exit).
- [Bug #428] Input option to use PC Joystick 1 Thumbstick 2 for emulated Joystick 2
- Swapping disks while a drive is on now warns and prompts if you still wish to do this instead of silently failing with no feedback.
- [Bug #323] Skip hard disk boot by holding down the Open-Apple key during an Apple II restart
- [Bug #224] Added Config checkbox for ‘Full-Screen: Show drive/keyboard status’
- [PR #441] Update zlib to latest version 1.2.11
A host of program bug fixes also has been implemented including:
- [Bug #516] Internal video-mode was having PAGE2 permanently cleared (instead of just masked) when 80STORE was set.
- [Bug #514] Emulator restart (or reset) wasn’t clearing any pending Mousecard interrupt
- [Bug #499] Flush current track (if dirty) before ‘Send to CiderPress’
- [Bug #496] Support polling of Mockingboard’s & Phasor’s 6522 IFR.Timer1
- [Bug #492] UI fixes for full-screen & 2x windowed-mode
- [Bug #486] Peripheral card’s expansion ROM ($C800-CFFF, eg. SSC) wasn’t being correctly restored from a save-state
- Resulting in regression: Mousecard crash to monitor (#495).
- [Bug #464] Fix for full-screen: bottom line missing when vertical resolution is 768
- [Bug #460] Debugger: F2 whilst debugger active will immediately stop the drive spinning (allowing disk swap)
- [Bug #456] Fix strange speaker clicks when changing configuration – DirectSound wasn’t being uninitialised on a restart
- [Bug #452] Fix for unmounted HD now gives “NO DEVICE CONNECTED” (before gave “I/O ERROR”)
- [Bug #450] Persist debugger state across an F2 (reset machine state)
- [Bug #445] Debugger: BPM cmd: Support trigger on stack access for BRK,JSR,PLn,PHn,RTI,RTS
- [Bug #437] AppleWin.chm blocked from opening – delete the AppleWin.chm:Zone.Identifier ADS
- [Bug #423] Full support for INTC8ROM soft switch (fixes transient a2audit.dsk & Bejeweled failures)
- [Bug #418] Fix for slot-3 ROM not returning floating bus when Uthernet card is enabled
- [Bug #417] Typos in Uthernet documentation
- [Bug #415] Fix for not being able to select Pravets 82
- [Bug #413] Save-state: bug when saving >9 RAMWorks III 64K banks
- [Bug #409] Fix for AppleWorks 5.1 flickering when booting (latent bug from 2006!)
- [Bug #405] Screen flicker in full-speed mode
- [Bug #403] PrintScreen from Color TV or B&W TV video modes is missing top line
- [Bug #392] Fixes for a2audit.dsk
- [Bug #389] Disk’s write-protect detection mis-reporting when motor off
- [Bug #387] Support for 40-track .nib files
- [Bug #386] SSC:
- Experimental support for 6551’s DTR, DCD and DSR bits via -modem switch
- ie. -modem is shorthand for passing -dtr -dcd -dsr
- Experimental support for 6551’s control bit: DTR via -dtr switch
- Experimental support for 6551’s status bits: DCD and DSR via -dcd and -dsr switches
- [Bug #383] “Enhanced disk speed” is very slow when debugger is active
- [Bug #320] Mockingboard/Phasor: support ‘inactive’ function like real hardware
- [Bug #269] When stepping, ESC no longer exits back to debugger (use F7, Pause keys or Debugger button instead).
- [Bug #250] Debugger: When MODE_STEPPING, fix issue with disk LEDs staying on
- [Bug #217] Debugger G(o) command should use normal speed
- Debugger: Added new
command run at normal speed run at full speed video quality sound quality g yes only if disk active, etc precise precise gg no always periodic muted
- [Bug #213] Pause not setting volume to zero
You can download the latest version of the Applewin Apple II Emulator from: